Built in several stages from the 15th to 17th century, on orders of the lords of Gratot, the d'Argouges, the original chapel became a hermitage in 1620, and remained so up to the last occupant in 1830. The outstanding site became a listed building in 1995, was restored in the years 2000, and represents one of the rare examples of surviving hermitages in France. Outside, interpretation tables, accessible at all times, explain the history, architecture and recount the legend of the saint and the life of the hermits.
Ermitage Saint-Gerbold
Lieu GRATOT
Religious buildings
Informations for groups
- Type of visit
- Permanent open visit, Guided visit on request
- Average duration
- 0h45
- Bus parking
- Bus parking on site, Bus parking, Bus parking nearby
Access and location
Adress
Route de l'Ermitage
50200 GRATOT
Contact
Ermitage Saint-Gerbold